What's new
What's new

Looking for Amada/Promecam RG manual + quick question.

altered

Aluminum
Hi,

I have an Amada/Promecam 1988 RG103 and I would like to know were I can get a servie manual. I would like to know what is the best way to shim the Ram because I have 1mm of error on one side and the die holder shim is not enough.

I first tough that would be easy to maintain but the mechanics on those machine is somewhat unconventional.

Thanks a lot

Francis

The ram alignment on these machines is so good and so easy that Amada bought them to get the patent.No need for shims.
I`ve got an RG133 and a manual.Will have a look for it and see if the relative bit will scan.

Thanks a lot.

I just have 1mm over 10ft But I want the machine accurate and easy to setup as it can be. Is it best to adjust the upper part or the bottom ram??

You should adjust the moving beam,but it may be that someone has previously altered the top one.
I think that your machine has four rams,three across and one at the bottom.If it`s the same as mine it is guided by bearings rolling on the outside of the top middle and bottom rams.
Adjusting the bottom ones tilts the beam left and right.
It`s quite easy to work out once you lift the bottom front guard off.
If I was setting it up from new,I would set the bottom guides parallel and then set the top beam to that and for further adjustment use the bottom bearings.
Once set the top beam should not be altered.

When I'm in front of the machine the left of the bottom ram need to go up 1mm or the upper plate need to go down 1mm. Adjusting roller bearing in my opinion will only tilt the ram toward me or the other ways. Or maybe we don't talk about same bearing.

I would like to set the bottom beam first because I think if I loosen the upper beam it will tilt and will be a mess to make it straight in both direction again.

Mine has roller bearings which guide it fore and aft and others running on the side of two of the rams which tilt it right and left.
Ask Amada for a drawing.

Mark I've tried something. On the bottom beam the first plate that you see after you removed the sheet metal. There is on the bottom left and right corner some adjustment shim. I've tighten then allen key and the center beam raised. I'm now .010 over 10ft. I've tried the press but now it's very slow to return to it's bottom position... Do you think I need to adjust the block in the center of the press and how??

Back