What's new
What's new

Pullmax P9 Wiring HELP needed

clarkoh

Plastic
I bought a P9 recently. It is equipped with a 4 speed gear box and an electric controller. The controller was made by Control System, Inc. of Greenville, SC. The gear box is a cylindrical housing that appears to be part of the motor and has the gear selector box (rectangular) mounted directly above it. There are similar gear box arrangements from Limatrol or Lima Motor Co. They are not exactly the same.

When the machine was being moved, the 16 wire control cable was pulled out of the top of the box and 4 wires became dislodged from the terminal strip. They are white, purple, red and black insulated. There are only 3 open screws on the T.S. 14,15, and 16. there is a punching cabled G for ground. One of the wires may have been on that punching with a second wire??

controller2.jpg controller3.jpg pullmax2.jpg

Next 2 pictures are of the ends of the 16 wire cable. Note the white with black tracer wire scabbed onto the green/ red. Not sure if that was intentional or a quick fix???

gearwiring.jpg controltermstrip.jpg

Mr. C has been a great help, but his machine has a Limatrol box and is different from the Control Systems box.

If anyone could take a picture of the controller box end of that cable, it would be very greatly appreciated. See pictures. Worth thousand words...

AND.....YES I know. S#!tcan the motor for a new inverter rated motor and a VFD with a foot pedal. I will someday. I just would like to get this thing running, first.

Last edited:
If you can't get an exact example, you may need to focus on the features you need activated and be happy.

You could also cap those loose wires, see if the machine runs (at all), and what features/functions are disabled.

If a feature/function doesn't work, at least you have something to tell a technician, help line, etc.

You know that Control Systems is still in business?

FCS Home

Contact Information

Customer Toll Free Telephone
866-234-FCSI
Telephone
864-234-9007
FAX
864-234-0097
Home Office address
One Frosty Meadow Ct, Greenville, SC 29615
Postal address
PO Box 26598, Greenville, SC 29616
Electronic mail
General Information: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]
Customer Support: [email protected]
Webmaster: [email protected]
Last Updated: 09/27/2010

You have the model/contract number, see if they still have prints.

If I were you, a few hundred bucks for the prints would be preferable to a weekend of guessing.
Especially if the machine wasn't running when you purchased it.
Good Luck,
Steve

Back