What's new
What's new

Cheap dessicant for your plasma

Shadon

Hot Rolled
Just thought I would share what has been working for me to keep the moisture out of my plasma (and saving consumables)

I installed a little mini combo, dryer-reg on the back of my machine, but in these hot, humid months, the moisture was still getting through.

About 3 tablespoons of desiccant beads in the water trap bowl cured the problem and I can run about 20 hours before the beads change color, my consumable life has more than doubled. (Leave the factory filter in to stop beads from escaping dryer)

I used Sharpe desiccant available at most automotive paint supply stores, comes in a 5 Lb tub and should be enough to recharge your dryer hundreds of times, the slick thing about this material is it changes colors when it gets wet.

I have been using this for the last 2 months with no issues, just thought I would share.

Pics in next post.

Make sure that there is a good quality particulate filter between the dessicant dryer and the plasma system. Dessicant tends to get into the plasma system in the form of fine powder over a period of time...and can clog and inhibit the air flow through the system....we have seen this happen on quite a few systems over the years. There is a particulate filter in most plasma systems....and that is often where the clog occurs.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Back