i guess we should have listened, Flow really dropped the ball. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by captain_kirk View Post
    where did you hear flow (or shape) is moving to korea? i cant find any info on that
    They got bought by an investment group... lots of big changes in the company, for the better (profitability).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've never had issues sourcing garnet from Barton. I went to college with a guy in the family that owns Barton (oddly enough) - still waiting for my buddy discount though....

Since we're all here, has anyone tried the MG-1? I got a free sample with two tons of HPA, but haven't found the down time to switch it out and try it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes captain_kirk liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alexhawker View Post
    has anyone tried the MG-1?
    I prefer the MG-1 cut quality over the HPA-80 but supply problems exist currently so we can't get it. The Barton rep. I talked to at Fabtech was surprised I preferred the MG-1 but mentioned the there might be some finer particles of garnet mixed in producing a better finish.

I swear the MG-1 has better finish and less taper and I can push the feed override percentage. I'll probably switch back when it become available again.

5. Likes captain_kirk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jmullett View Post
    I prefer the MG-1 cut quality over the HPA-80 but supply problems exist currently so we can't get it. The Barton rep. I talked to at Fabtech was surprised I preferred the MG-1 but mentioned the there might be some finer particles of garnet mixed in producing a better finish.

I swear the MG-1 has better finish and less taper and I can push the feed override percentage. I'll probably switch back when it become available again.
    Interesting. I never tried ordering after I got the free sample.

Any chance you could share what metering disk you're using in the hopper, and what flow rate you have in the software?

I was actually talking to the CEO of Barton at a wedding a few weeks back, I wonder if I can call in some favors to divert a ton or two my way...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have been using MG1 for a little while. I think the particle size averaged around 100, so it should produce a little cleaner cut than 80 grit. MG1 is no longer available due to India’s export ban. We just bought the last stock they had, at least in Louisiana. I think they said it looked like there was still some in CA when I ordered it. Now they are offering 80STL as a replacement which is not actually garnet but seemed to cut fine. The particle size is definitely larger than the MG1 though.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

After reading this, I threw the quote I got from Flow on Monday in the trash. On to the Omax...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4 FN 27 View Post
    After reading this, I threw the quote I got from Flow on Monday in the trash. On to the Omax...
    I wouldn’t let one problem sway you away from a supplier. All suppliers will have problems now and then. Definitely check out OMAX, but I wouldn’t throw the Flow quote away just yet.

10. Likes captain_kirk liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alexhawker View Post
    Interesting. I never tried ordering after I got the free sample.

Any chance you could share what metering disk you're using in the hopper, and what flow rate you have in the software?

I was actually talking to the CEO of Barton at a wedding a few weeks back, I wonder if I can call in some favors to divert a ton or two my way...
    Sorry for the delayed response, didn't get a thread notification. I have a variable opening mini-hopper on my WardJet set to about the 3 setting which gives me 0.7 lbs per minute with a 0.010"/0.030" orifice/nozzle combo at around 55KSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jmullett View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response, didn't get a thread notification. I have a variable opening mini-hopper on my WardJet set to about the 3 setting which gives me 0.7 lbs per minute with a 0.010"/0.030" orifice/nozzle combo at around 55KSI
    That’s very helpful thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i second looking at both. omax has its own issues. ive heard people using "hybrids" between the two too. something about the best of both worlds.