What's new
What's new

Lennox Throatless Shear

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
We have a Marshalton #18, Lennox Throatless Shear. It won't even cut lightweight tin anymore.:( Is this company still around or are there any places that service this piece? Google dosn't turn up much.

Lennox International is the current company- and they stopped making tools a long long time ago- they are one of the biggest HVAC equipment companies out there. Not the same as Lenox with one N, which makes some hand tools, along with saw blades.

A big sheet metal tool house might know about some parts for this, and there are no doubt people who will sharpen the blades.

I am not sure if anybody still makes these- Sheet Metal machinery is not a huge market segment anyway, but I havent seen one of these new in 30 years- and the used ones are not in huge demand- but if you have a local distributor of sheet metal equipment, I would call them and ask what they know.

Dang. lol Well We'll probably takle it ourselves. I don't think the blades are in too bad shape. From what I can see, The shafts are pushed out of alighnment and might need bushings. The gear guard is broken too but two screws and some tin'll fix it. If I had the broken piece I'd weld it.

Thanks for the info!

If it is like mine 10 ga model the shaft position is adjustable 8 ways from Sunday. The axles are at a strange angle to each other intentionally these machines were made with very little machining and they did not know they were not suppose to last for ever

Attachments

• lenox feed side  rsed.jpg
    lenox feed side rsed.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,058
If it is like mine 10 ga model the shaft position is adjustable 8 ways from Sunday. The axles are at a strange angle to each other intentionally these machines were made with very little machining and they did not know they were not suppose to last for ever
Ours operates on the same principle but is a hand-crank model. It dosn't have nearly as much adjustment; very simple. I'll see if I can post a pic when I get a chance.

Back