What's new
What's new

Lincoln Electric Tour

Mike Powell

Stainless
This is my first visit to the welding topic forum. For those of you who do not know me I am a High School Industrial Technology (shop)Teacher. Today we took a group of 35 kids to see Lincoln Electric in Cleveland Ohio. Very impressive! They outsorce nothing. They make every part in house. Even the plastic pieces. Every worker is held responsible for his or her work. If faulty workmanship is ever atributed to a failure the worker is docked for that part and they are paid by the piece for each good part they complete. The welding school was amazing as well. I learned a thing or 2 about almost every welding process they demonstrated.

In an age where it is becoming increasingly dificult to buy american I cant encourage you enough to buy Lincoln. American for real!

Mike Powell :cool:

I took a Tig refresher course at Lincoln a few years ago. Was well worth the money. Not bad food in the cafatera either

Thats nice to know. I thought i read on here that lincoln had stuff made in other countries to cut costs?

Well I have to say everything they were making there, every part was made in house. They employ several thousand americans. As far as I know they have no plants outside the US.

Mike

Back