What's new
What's new

Linde 225

Illlogic187

Plastic
I just got a good deal on a linde225 mig welder. The unit is in great shape for something that is just as old as myself. I'm sure I will get bashed by some, but just looking for some help.
Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this machine?
Also where can parts be found. Some internet searches become sporadic and somewhat confusing.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Maybe help me post in the correct thread as I am new to this website?

Last edited:
There's a fabrication and welding subforum on here. Look for that under the main forum heading. I think I have the exact same machine, though. If so, somebody sent me a pdf manual that I'll gladly pass along if you'll pm me.

Actually, Praxair only has the linde gasses.
The Linde welding machine division was owned by Union Carbide, and sold, in 1985, to ESAB, which ran it under the L-TEC name for a while, but these days sells all the small welding machines under the ESAB name. L-TEC still exists, but makes and sells machinery for steel mills and very big processing plants, not mig welders.
Some parts are available from secondary dealers, and a few might still be available from ESAB, but you should consider this an unsupported orphan- which is why they go so cheap these days.

just google, man.

parts depend on the exact machine- age, and model. 225 is just amperage, and there were various machines with 225 written on them.

but for instance- these guys - Linde Ltec ESAB Parts

did you try here- ESAB PDF Finder

Really, though, as I said- its an orphan. you can undoubtedly get drive rolls that can be made to fit, and you can adapt a newer gun. Beyond that, you are going to be mostly making parts from scratch, or modifying other brands.

Most mig machine manuals of that era are really minimal anyway- the best you could hope for would be a parts breakdown. And even thats gonna be tough. Nobody keeps that stuff- well, I keep old manuals, but I am anal, and I only buy Miller machines, because there is at least a chance of parts and diagrams existing. But most people open the manual, see 8 pages of stupid safety warnings, and toss it.

I have a Linde as well, best guess is mine is app 1979 vintage. I found an instruction manual on the esab site that Ries linked to, that was the only thing I found for mine at all.

Thanks to all who helped.. I have been able to find a manual that shows part numbers. Part numbers made it far easier to search for parts.

Back