What's new
What's new

Mig welding to liner

borjawil

Plastic
Craftsman welder I use for small jobs. Keeps welding to the liner inside the gun handle.

Inside the gun handle my liner from machine meets a square shaped aluminum block. The brass fitting on the end of the liner screws into this block. The power lead from the machine has an eyelet end on it that the brass fitting slips through before threading into the block. In the same hole of the block a piece 8" liner goes in and meets the longer liner. A brass curved tube slides of the liner and seats in the block about an inch.

I believe the welding occurs within this inch of the brass tube in the block or right after. Any ideas? Replaced both lines. Still occurring. Im also having a hard time understanding why this is happening. Power lead is touching brass fitting for liner and aluminum block. So the entire liner is energized? But since electricity travels the path of least resistance the arc occurs at the wire tip/work piece?

Uhh...Did I miss something? I didn't make another post that I'm aware of. Searched for post with my username and nothing else comes up. Searched craftsman welder and nothing else by me comes up. Feel free to include a link.

afaik, 'craftsman' migs are actually Century/Lincoln machines in sheep's clothing . sounds like you're getting burn-back into the liner . is your feed and roller setup working properly? how many IPS are you feeding?

Back