What's new
What's new

Miller Syncrowave 250 price

Oldsarge

Plastic
Hello!

I got a deal on a Miller Syncrowave 250 Tig welder that I'm supposed to pick up this weekend. I've never Tig welded before and my Mig is a small Miller 211.

Comes with a Miller water cooler, air/arc adapter, 2 tanks 250cf one is full, 1 is half full, all cables for tig/arc foot pedal, and a good bit of consumables, brass, steel, aluminum and bronze rods. Everything looks like showroom, he's an artist.....

$2000.00 and I'm picking up Sunday. Is there anything that's a red flag on this model I should know? I think it's a good deal, am I overpaying considering the condition and extras?

Thanks!
Mike

That is maybe a little on the high end... they are pretty damn durable machines, I have seen some board failures but its not super common by any means.

I've got a circa 2001 Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner model I bought brand new which has the digital readouts, and is bundled with a torch cooler and running gear vs the analog meters on the older model. Even though I'm always leary of digital stuff, I've never had a lick of trouble with it. Only thing I ever change are the torch hoses/leads occasionally. Mine are in a zipper sleeve, but they usually fail in the torch handle by springing a leak. I was able to purchase my tanks and I own them outright, but I know Airgas will only lease them for like monthly-5 year terms now. So you might want to ask if the seller actually owns the two tanks and make sure your local welding gas supplier will fill/swap the for you. They won't if they are labeled with a different/non-affiliated supplier's name.

With the exception of a small Hobart 120v buzz box flux core wire welder that is easy to hoist up with a rope all mine are blue. Miller CP-300 MIG, and Legend Portable Welder/Generator never let me down. Though I have heard of reliability issues on the earlier Dynasty fancy inverter TIG units.

My view is a balanced deal depending on the amount of filler and other items. Syncrowave = brick. Heavy and dependable. Maybe more so than the newer inverter types.
Freekin loud gunshot!! It was a much newer inverter welder that blew up a board inside. Blew the cover open and lights out. Covered under warranty though.

Back