What's new
What's new

New Machine Day. WardJet 5 ft. by 10 ft. Water Jet

Congrats! Pretty sweet win, hope the machine gives you years of good use. Consider setting up some plastic curtains around the machine with a good dehumidifier inside, as the excess water vapor can find its way to other machines and materials in the shop.

+1 Milland for the curtain recommendation. I know the shop I had contracted water jet work out to had a pretty big mess in their area around their machine. The brush Z height control and pierce guard on this WardJet does a pretty good job and the floor stays pretty dry as long as you don't cut too near the tank edge. My biggest problem is the garden hose to spray off the parts tends to ricochet off the parts when we are cleaning them off.

Really impressed with the rigidity of the non-cantilever design of the WardJet.

That waterjet is bad ass! Ward makes some really awesome machines. I have checked out their facebook page. I think they were getting into routers as well. The way they build them they might as well and also get into lighter bridge mills. What a cool story you have! I hope it works out well for you

That is pretty awesome!!

What do you guys think of the machine in general? We are thinking about purchasing one and are looking for feedback/comments/criticisms/etc.

Had you guys done any water-jet cutting before this? Were you 'in the market' so to speak or is it just a super awesome unexpected prize!!!

Congrats on the big win!!!!

Back