What's new
What's new

Prices of Acetylene fills ? whats the latest cost.

vettepicking

Hot Rolled
i think Praxair bent me over and gave it to me real good today. i filled my mini 10cu ft Acetylene tank for small jobs and it cost $22 with my account!!! what kind of prices is everyone else paying out there???? matt

Compare price with a plumbing supply house. I found a big difference, plumbing was cheaper on the little tanks.

I don't know what size tank you are talking about. My tank is 7" diameter and 3 ft tall. It cost me $34.00 this week to exchange. Kenny

my tank is the size that the plumbers use and the oxygen tank is just a little larger...with "shipping,haz material etc" I paid $150.00.felt just a little abused from those guys at Praxair

My last fill was $28 for a #3.

The last time I had praxair fill my dad's #4 it was $70 (and that was a few years ago). The bigger chains keep jacking rates because they only have the blue rhino extortion to compete against. If you shop around, you should be able to find a smaller shop to give you better rates and better service as well.

My LWS is actually a sole proprietor who buys his fills off a competing (much larger) vendor. But even buying the gas from another store, he can sell it to me for less than they're willing to sell it to me direct. He also doesn't add hazmat BS, or even charge for hydro tests - he considers them part of his cost of doing business. You pay for hydro on the tank the first time you swap it (if it's due or not) if it's a used tank you bought from someone else, and never again.

Back