What's new
What's new

Questions for Jim Colt

Leviathan

Aluminum
Ok, so I could have just sent a PM it's true, but all of the questions I'm about to ask are ones that I could not find answers to in the Hypertherm documentation, so I figure someone else may benefit from the answers as well.

Backstory: we just purchased a used plasma cutting table that is currently equipped with a hypertherm HD3070 c/w upgrade torch and a command THC, it also is currently equipped with a 5 knob manual gas console but came with a 6 knob unit (not hooked up) and already has the new off valve and gas leads.

Question #1:

I checked the PSU and it does not have the updated control board that the field bulletin for the gas console upgrade calls for. I can get the board, but for what it costs I would like to know what the difference is between it and the old board? Do I just have to have it if I want to use the 6-knob console, or is it more for optimizing cut quality and/or consumable life?

Question #2:

As I said the table came equipped with the HD3070 upgrade torch (which as I understand it is essentially an HPR series torch?) However I am not sure that it is hooked up correctly, and I can't find any documentation that specifically says what each port on the torch is. What makes me suspicious that it is not hooked up correctly is that there is one port that has no hose attached at all and another port that has a hose attached to it but simply exits the torch and is cut off (from what I can gather this could be the plasma gas vent?) How can I confirm that each line is hooked up to the correct port?

Question #3:

Is the HD3070 with the upgrade torch capable of plasma marking?

Thank you in advance.

Leviathan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bump, sorry for the obscure question but I really have had no luck finding hard date anywhere else.

Thanks.

Leviathan

Thanks guys, I will try there and/or give hypertherm tech support a call. Stupidly that never crossed my mind.

Back