What's new
What's new

shear recomendation needed

surplusjohn

Diamond
we have a old wysong 10 ga x 8 foot, shear and a old Pexto 4 ft 16 gage jump shear. since we installed the laser neither are used much any more,but we still need a shear occasionally but we would not need the capacity of the wysong, and never any great volume of cutting. We would like to get rid of both and get a new smaller foot print machine. a 5 ft x 14 gage would be fine, I think hydraulic would be ok even though they are slower. front operated back gage for sure. Any suggestions? we do not want used. thanks

digger, good to know.
I looked at a betenbender press 20 years ago that someone wanted to use as a die cutter and my thought was that it looked like something I would build.

I love my 1/4" x 10 Wysong mechanical. It's from 1971, but it's wonderful. I would look into an older gear driven mechanical shear. I like the Wysong and Niagara shears but have used Cincinnati and more. If I had the room, I would buy your shear

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

no question that the wysong is a great machine, just way overkill for what we need and wont fit in the are where a back up shear is needed. there is some debate weather we need any shear, but when you need one you need one!

I can highly recommend a Cincinnati 1806RG, very accurate, no trouble in 20+ years of use and it's only 6'

Back