What's new
What's new

I wish a Press Brake could _____________

I want my press brake button to bring every old bending thread to the top of a forum I just joined.

Then it would have a second button, which would dial it back a notch.

:)

Our press brake needs some measuring device on the stop so you could dial in bend angles for different thicknesses quickly. Also, we have a 12 ton ATEK bantam but I wish I had a 24 ton.

RC

Not save its files in a stupid format that can't then be stored and retrieved from a PC! What use is USB compatible if its not COMPATABLE!!!

As for buttons, definitely a auto die + Punch change button, they get heavy quick as the day goes on!

unfortunately, there is no such thing as auto die changing. But dies that can be changed quickly have been made. In my first job after some consternation, they built posted die sets which slid in and out of the machine in the normal way, sort of. The top of the shoe had a dovetail which allowed a little front to back play and the bottom was held with hydraulic clamps. Got rid of the tedium of allen screws or other hold down screws. Die beds were set and aligned, not normally needing adjustments. Some gaging was mounted on the botton shoe, othewise used typical auto back gage. Kind of like sphhisticated punch press dies. After the tool room did all their work, setup sheets were made with all specefied figures to run the job. Almost as good as Ron Popiel...set it and forget it. Some places are better than others wrt subject. Others do a half assed job.

Last edited:

Back