What's new
What's new

Amps and Air Pressures - Plasma Cutter

Ya, but it's different depending on the type of plasma cutter, size of the nozzle orifice, cut current, etc.

Try googling Plasma Cut charts for the specific machine.

You are probably asking about something more sophisticated than my Hypertherm. It uses available shop air (pressure) and the torch is rated on how thick a material it will cut. Crank it up all the way and it will cut/sever the max.

I leave it at full throttle regardless of what I'm cutting...the air pressure takes care of itself. Maybe I'm living in that river valley in Egypt!:eek:

Stuart

Plasma cutters are made by a variety of different manufacturers and in a variety of different models. Power levels range from 12 amps to over 1000 amps. Gas or air pressure settings are different depending on the model, the power level and the particular set of consumable parts being used. Get a copy of the operators manual for the system you are referring to....and it will provide the correct setup air pressure.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Is there a list somewhere of what amperages and air pressures are optimal given metal thickness and types of metals cut?

TIA

Back