What's new
What's new

Solidworks sheet metal quoting database

TImBow

Plastic
I am looking for a proven database for quoting in solidworks. I am willing to compensate someone for the time they have invested in creating the database and may include some consulting cost if necessary. Let me know what you guys think or where i should look for someone.

Thanks,
Tim

I use SW for sheet metal a bit, but no idea exactly what you are looking for. Radan may be a help, but way more software than I need.

I am using Solidworks sheet metal quite a lot, often for patterns cut on water-jest or laser and then formed, welded, etc. I am not sure what you mean by database for quoting. When I design and make the parts for a customer I charge for the shop time that includes the design and fabrication. Anybody with some experience in Solidworks can easily estimate the time it takes to design the part, and waterjet and laser cutters usually indicate the part cost once the pattern is loaded, but in general the process is not different than quoting for any job.

I am looking for a proven database for quoting in solidworks. I am willing to compensate someone for the time they have invested in creating the database and may include some consulting cost if necessary. Let me know what you guys think or where i should look for someone.

Thanks,
Tim

Best bet is find a supplier with IP laser online qouteing and you simply log in and upload the profile and it will give you a real price for a given qty. I don't think your going to get a real world accurate price off any solid works costing based software because its just not what most places use. Going to be out of date material wise the secound some one gives it to you etc.

Back