What's new
What's new

Accurpress, what's the scoop?

MwTech Inc

Titanium
Going to but a brake in the next month or so....

Accurpress good, ok, or stay away.

Considering the 7 series like a 710010.

May not buy new, lot of used brakes on the market.

Thanks

A friend of mine is the Accupress sales rep for the Seattle area I could have him call you. I think he would give you some fair and honest advice about the machines. I dont really know anything about the brand though. PM me if you want me to call him.

I think if you do some research and option comparison you will find that Accupress makes some of the best press brakes. We have a 200 tonner at work and has performed flawlessly since new, purchased 10 yrs. ago. Ours came with the gorlite bearing option so there are no lube points. I just checked the bearings for wear last month and the worst pin had .0005. If have not had as good of a track record with some their competitors presses.

Well had the Wilson guy in today looking at tooling and he gave Accurpress a good rating.

Problem now is a 10 week lead time:willy_nilly:

I have the build order from the customer and no brake.

What about one of these? Their add is always at the top of the page. 120 ton 10' for $70K.
Mitsubishi Press Brake

Overall, the standard Acupress is a good entry level machine. Great bang for the buck. I worked with a 717512 for a few years and no problems. I'm not sure what their upper level machines are like.

I just checked in at the sheet metal shop I retired from yesterday, they have a 400 ton Accupress, for which they just bought several new die sets after 10 years.
The 10 gauge SS pieces which were 10 foot lengths, came out evenly broke on both ends and the middle.
The Accupress has been a good machine for us as we do a variety of jobs, no production type long runs.

It willl hold good settings as long as it stays running and the oil stays up to temp.

Back