What's new
What's new

use of pulser on TIG

Tim in D

Hot Rolled
I got a Miller Maxstar 200 and have done a fair amount of TIG work in the past. Can someone comment on the use of the pulse control function? You can set the duty cycle of the square wave, the freq and the "background" of the output power. How do all these things come together? When would I use these settings? I mostly weld SS tubing for vacuum systems and gas manifolding and alittle steel for jigs and fixtures. Thanks for your input.
Tim

Fire up the pulser and start playing with the settings. You will absolutely love it for thin wall tubing.

A hot blip to get some good penetration, and a cooler span to freeze before it drops out...

Really great feature!

The Miller website has some great documentation that you can download for free. They go into all of this with examples of the welds in some cases. I'm in the market for a tig machine and came across it all this morning. Follow the link:
Miller Tig Handbook

Hey , thanks guys..........I'll check out the site and play around w/ the pulser alittle bit more. Never seem to have time to play anymore. :(
Tim

Back