What's new
What's new

Need to sell esp 150 plasma

kpotter

Diamond
I have an esab esp 150 I know very little about plasma cutting I got this thing a few months ago and I will never use it it cuts 2 inch plate. What are these things worth mine is in mint shape I can post pics. I cant find any used pricing on these things any where. It is 3ph and has a water cooled torch and has regulators for some kind of gas. I also have the huge aluminum appleton plugs to hook it up.

Unfortunately, this is one of those tools that costs a fortune new, but much less used.
If you need it, you need it. But most people dont.

Years ago, my local welding supply shop in So-Cal ordered an even bigger plasma cutter for a power plant-( I seem to remember it being over 500 amps, and able to cut 6" material, and it was about the size of a fridge laid on its side)- but when it arrived, it was not UL approved, so the Power Plant declined delivery- at that time, the plasma company- I cant remember if it was Hypertherm or Thermal Dynamics- just didnt go thru the trouble of UL approval on the big, special order machines. That thing cost over ten grand new, and it sat, unsold, with about a 2000 dollar price tag on it for years- it was 3 phase, drew a hellacious amount of amps (this was long enough ago that it was a much cruder, less energy efficient design than today) and nobody was interested. Meanwhile, they sold a dozen or so $2500 single phase, 50 amp machines every month.

Is this machine UL approved? because the really big shops that can justify this often get inspected by the fire department and Osha more often, and/or their insurance companies require it.

Anyway, I think it may take a while to sell.
Especially since Esab is a distant 3rd or 4th in terms of plasma cutter name recognition and brand desirability.

I have an esab esp 150 I know very little about plasma cutting I got this thing a few months ago and I will never use it it cuts 2 inch plate. What are these things worth mine is in mint shape I can post pics. I cant find any used pricing on these things any where. It is 3ph and has a water cooled torch and has regulators for some kind of gas. I also have the huge aluminum appleton plugs to hook it up.

I agree with macona, put it on ebay at the lowest price you're willing to take and see how it goes but be prepared for quite a loss.

Back