What's new
What's new

Older Niagara Stomp Sheer Capacity - No Model Number Visible

JasonPAtkins

Hot Rolled
Can anybody ID this for me? I'm assuming based on the fact they there's no capacity cast into it that it'd old enough that it must be unangled blades and must be 18 or 20 ga., not 16. Anybody have one like this kicking around?

"R-312" is stamped on the squaring guide.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,785
  • Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 573
  • Photo3.jpg
    Photo3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 642
  • Photo4.jpg
    Photo4.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 606
  • Photo5.jpg
    Photo5.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 501
I'm new-ish to foot shears, is that a good metric? One person jumping on it is how much it should be able to cut, and if it won't cut it it's not going to hurt to try as long as it's only one person pressing on it?

Thanks for the reply! It seems like everything made in the last 50 years has had the machine capacity labeled or cast into it, so am I correct in assuming since it doesn't have either of those that it's WW2 or older?

I just found a slightly earlier model in a 1913 catalog- my guess is yours is 20's or 30's. But essentially the same shear.
And the "Queen City" line is rated 18 gage or thinner in the catalog.

My (almost identical) "jump" shear has been jumped on, and broken, in the hands of the previous owner. Several broken parts, welded up poorly, and lovingly slathered with that fetching green paint. Still works quite well, and was a decent deal at $75.

Chip

Back