What's new
What's new

Plasma King 25 Problems.. I think its a torch switching problem?

sapwood

Aluminum
doing everything other than arcing.. new tips, done nothing. so i opened torch and noticed their isnt and continuity between switch wires, brown and white. the brown seems fine from machine to torch. the switch is fine.
What is confusing me is? Is there supposed to be something within the tip that completes this circuit..
As their is white wire goign from switch into the tip itself and then the main white wire coming back out of the tip and goes back to machine.... There isnt any continuity between the start of the white wire at the gun switch andas it passes thru torch tip and back to machine there is nothing.
see pics it may show th.ings clearerplasma 2.jpg
I did get a schematic and can anyone hep explain the components in the yellow circles i highlighted?
plasma2.jpg

Yes the tip - wires - light blue - white ones should go to some kinda switch like setup in the torch head - its a safety feature to make sure the consumables are in and in the correct way on a hypertherm torch, yours may be a bit diffrent, but there should be conectivity across your 2 wires you have shaved there when the torch heads properly cleaned and correctly assembled.

40,000 degrees tends to have a negative effect on solder over time. I have had plasma torches lose continuity- and sometimes its just not fixable. I had a machine torch, it was a Victor, which had the wires epoxy potted, and, somewhere in the epoxy, there was a break. No way to fix that, you just have to buy a new one. If you are lucky, you can pull yours out and rewire. My machine torches cost $600 each. No fun to buy a new one. Luckily, the first one lasted 20 years.

Back