What's new
What's new

band saw blade wheel rubber coming off???

jakesrodshop

Aluminum
guys i have an older Connecticut industrial bandsaw. It works great but just the other day the rubber on the bottom wheel started coming off and the blade wont stay on.
I prob can glue it back on, but what do i use if i want to replace the hole strip.?
whats best to glue the rubber onto the steel wheel.
thanks again
jake

they are bandsaw tires, lots of places have them, I m pretty sure McMaster Carr has them, usually we get them from the saw OEM but generic ones seem to work just fine, some are hard plastic and others are soft rubber, they are consumable, usually it is a strip vulcanized together at the ends but I have seen just a strip you glue on and make a tapered joint at the ends not a but joint, good luck Jon P.

The drive wheel on your band saw should be able to be adjusted for tilt. If the blade keeps coming off, it means that the tilt of your drive wheel is not correct. On a normal vertical band saw, the top of the drive wheel should be tilted slightly toward you, to force the blade up against the wheel flange. You can get proper rubber tires for your driving wheel from MSC or McMaster-Carr. I'm sure that they can recommend the proper cement, in fact they probably come with cement. Don't try to cobble up some cheap substitute.

Lord Byron

I recommend you to use urethane tires rather than rubber tires. Rubber tires works fine but urethane tires last longer and doesn’t need gluing. When you purchase a new tire, make sure that it is a couple of inches smaller than the wheel to stretch the tire. It is a good advice to slightly tilt the top of the drive wheels towards you. My source for good quality urethane tires is bandsawparts.com. I had one from them and is still running until now. Call them at 800.240.2932 .

Back