What's new
What's new

What would you choose?

rbest34

Plastic
I was finally able to convince our company to buy a new laser. I had the choice between a Mitsubishi 2500w CO2 3015 or the Mazak 3015 2500w CO2. I chose the Mazak. The service for Mits has been problematic for us. I'm just happy I'm getting a new machine and getting rid of the 23 year old paperweight.

Service is relative to your location pretty much for all Machine Tool builders. 15 years ago we had Mazaks and because of service we switched out to Mitsubishi. With Mits service is usually here same day or next day if needed which in either case Mits or Mazak is not very often.

Our experience is Mazak were nice slow and steady work horses. The Camaro of Lasers and the Mits...well they are the Z06 Corvette of Lasers. Keep in mind we haven't had a Mazak in here in 15 years.

Currently we are running (2) 4500 Watt 3015 LV Plus machines on a Loader System and a 4000 Watt 3015 NX-F40 Fiber Laser on another Loader System. Next week I am traveling to Chicago to look at new 6 or 8000 Watt Fiber. We will be trading out one of our CO2 machines. Hopefully it will be a plug an play just like the last 6 Laser change outs. We trade one machine off every 2 years in the system of 3.

23 Years for a Laser is impressive. We have 1 machine that turned 20 years old in March. It is an Amada 1212 Lasmac 1500 Watt. We have a couple of jobs we run on the ol'girl on occasion. Since it was the first Laser we bought we have hung on to it. I have a feeling next time it needs a Turbo and vacuum Pump we will be getting rid of it...might have to take it home.

Good luck with your new machine.

Did you research the fiber laser options? From what I understand, they are a night and day difference than Co2 to the point Co2's can be given away due to maintenance and just the nature of the construction of the laser apparatus. Almost like the difference between analog vs digital. From what I gather, the answer is NO for Co2 at any price.

Did you research the fiber laser options? From what I understand, they are a night and day difference than Co2 to the point Co2's can be given away due to maintenance and just the nature of the construction of the laser apparatus. Almost like the difference between analog vs digital. From what I gather, the answer is NO for Co2 at any price.

We can’t switch to fiber since 90% of what we cut is acrylic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you do us all a favour and use meaningful thread titles, please? That saves the administrator the job of locking the thread.

George

And leave the Åland islands or I'll start sending private messages in mixed Swedish/Finnish to you! :D

And leave the Åland islands or I'll start sending private messages in mixed Swedish/Finnish to you! :D

Never really looked at where it set me up. Don’t really care either. Hell I didn’t even know those islands existed. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back