What's new
What's new

Hydraulic lift - repair and also in search of buying a new one

Ethan William

Plastic
Hey all, I bought a hydraulic lift couple of months back. But, two days before, I noticed that the lift has become extremely slow. Also, I found it to be jerky. I thought of rebuilding the hydraulic pump. But, I don’t think it will be of much use. Can you suggest a method to correct it? Or should I replace it?

Also, along with this, I would also like to ask one more question. We are extending our work to Toronto, Canada. We have found a new workplace there. So, we are in search of some good manufacturers who can provide us the scissor lifts. Would prefer if it is cost efficient. Can you give some suggestions?

While searching for this, I came across a hydraulic lift manufacturer in Ontario, but I’m not sure of their quality and services. So, kindly share your expert suggestion and advice. It will be worth me much. Waiting for your reply. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Hey all, I bought a hydraulic lift couple of months back. But, two days before, I noticed that the lift has become extremely slow. Also, I found it to be jerky. I thought of rebuilding the hydraulic pump. But, I don’t think it will be of much use. Can you suggest a method to correct it? Or should I replace it?

Also, along with this, I would also like to ask one more question. We are extending our work to Toronto, Canada. We have found a new workplace there. So, we are in search of some good manufacturers who can provide us the scissor lifts. Would prefer if it is cost efficient. Can you give some suggestions?

While searching for this, I came across a hydraulic lift manufacturer in Ontario, but I’m not sure of their quality and services. So, kindly share your expert suggestion and advice. It will be worth me much. Waiting for your reply. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.
"...But 2 days before..."

Before you paid money for it, "bought it" you noticed it not working right ?

Sniff, Sniff, don't seem to pass the test eh ?

bleed the lines

If the lift has run low on hydraulic fluid at some point it could have air in the system. I would first check to see if the fluid is up to the proper level then bleed the lines. If you have not bled a hydraulic system before, have someone pressurize it and crack a fitting open, preferably the highest fitting in the line. Close the fitting before your helper releases the pressure, you should here a ppfft sound and see some bubbles as the air escapes. Do this until no more are escapes from the fitting. Do not run your fingers over the pipe or fitting while doing this high pressure hydraulic oil can can cut you open and fill your finger with fluid ( a very bad thing!)

Last edited:

Back