What's new
What's new

JD Squared tubing benders for 12 or 14 gauge steel tubing.

zach123

Aluminum
Has anyone used their products before? I am looking at one of their model 32 bender. I will mostly be bending 1.5 od 12 or 14 gauge steel tubing for hand rails and such. Any others that I should look at in the same price range $400.00 before dies?

I looked at the pro 105 but did not see any way for anti spring back?
That king bender looks nice but a little out of my price range at the moment.

I have the model 32 with air driven hydraulic pump. For that size tubing (1-1/2 or larger) you'd be better off with hydraulic. It's a great unit, makes good looking repeatable bends. That said, the cost of dies....for serious users or pros only. I'm thinking of getting rid of mine for just that reason. JD2 has sales too - when I bought mine it was slightly cheaper than Pro Tools. If you are only working with 1.5" you get one die with purchase. There are cheaper units out there that give complete die sets with bender - you get what you pay for in quality - it just depends on how much you use it whether it's worth the investment to you.

I have a "like new" JD model 3 with degree wheel and 1" die set I would part with.

I used it to make less than a dozen bends in 1" 16ga stainless about 5 years ago. I made a couple motorcycle track stands. I have not used it since.

It's easy to "hydraulic" one, I never did, but I also have a 230v electric 10k psi 2 stage hydraulic power unit to sell. :)

if interested I'm in Central IL. PM me or,
dsergison
at y@h00

I ended up ordering the model 32, a 5.5clr 1.5inch 180 degree die and a notch master as i need these for a project next week. But the good news is this first project more then pays for it.

Back