Avanti is offline Cast Iron

Default Hypertherm Max 42 Question

Does anyone here know anything good or bad about the Max 42 plasma cutter? I have a chance to snag one for a song. Should I jump on it?

So nobody on this BBS has any experience with the Max42?

jimcolt is offline Cast Iron

It is old by inverter plasma standards.....probably 15 or more years. It was Hypertherm's second inverter design.....it was replaced by the max 43, then the Powermax800, then the Powermax900, then the Powermax1000! Does it work? How much can you get it for?

Jim Colt Hypertherm

$245 Guaranteed to function, with some consumables. Allegedly came out of a heavy truck repair shop 7 years ago. Unused since. Looks to have had little use. No divets in the case and not a mark on any of the cables or torch.

jimcolt is offline Cast Iron

Buy it...it is a bargain if it works. You can still get the torch and consumables.....I don't think all of the power supply boards are still available....

Jim

Default There is no joy in Muddville

No cigar on the Max42. I tested it out tonight and it has a Temp/Pressure green light on constantly, and no pilot arc. Fan runs, light are on, air issues forth from the torch. New consumables. There is some voltage from tip to ground when the trigger is pulled but no pilot arc. Green T/P light goes out when you press "Test".