What's new
What's new

faulty HF

weldking

Plastic
For some reason the high frequency stopped working on my synchrowave 250. I cannot figure out why it won't work anymore. I cleaned the contacts, gapped them, overagain, whatever! I may have to take it to a repair shop if I can't fix it myself. Any advice?

No buzzing at all? Bad hf capacitor. Shorted out. Depending on the revision of the 250 the cap could be a black block with two screw terminals on it or a yellow epoxy dipped cap with leads coming out. The yellow one was crap and they went back to the black one. When you order a new one for that machine it will come as a kit. It is a total pain in the arse to get the old one out as it is riveted to the panel so I just cut the leads and mount the new one somewhere else with either zip ties or double sided foam tape.

Kit is a but over $100

Gimme a serial and I can get you a P/N.

-Macona
Repair God for Hire

Thanks Macona, thats good news for me. I will have to dig up the number. I am working out of town for a while, but hopefully I can make it out to the machine this weekend. Thanks for your help.

That should be the normal black cap. Take the two wires off the cap and try the hi-freq without the cap installed. You should have a spark through the gaps now. If not it may be a bad transformer or a bad relay that controls it. Use a meter and check for 120v going into the transformer. Also make sure there is 120v at the receptacle on the front panel.

The cap is miller PN 096761

Back