What's new
What's new

Interesting new touch off gage for CNC tools

His google banners have been showing up in the forums. The guy talks in his video on the lathe centering tool. Not quite as good a speaker as the guy from Glacern. Still, his products are selling like hotcakes on ebay.

Bob

I bought one a short while back, and i would have nothing but good things to say about the product, and service. They answered all questions and e-mails with in minutes, and where very helpful. The product has been a great addition to my set-up(Seems to be very repeatable, also saves time if a tool breaks during an operation), and seems to be very nicely built(its heavier then i thought it would be). Not to mention it was at my door in 2 days flat.
I should also mention, i'm just a first time customer of theirs, no personal connection what so ever.

I use a model from Shars. The Shars unit is nice because it is only 2 inches tall, it has a magnetic base, and it has a built in gauge system to set the indicator dial.

The Edge model appears to have an aluminum plunger. I think it would get scratched up over time.

The Shars unit is $54. I'm sure it is 100% Chinese made.

shars.com - Precision Magnetic Z Axis Setter 2quot Height x 0001quot

I do really like the looks of the Edge vise stop. I will be ordering one soon.

-Wes

I learned early on that Shars was NOT the place to buy anything from, even if you understand what your getting. I bought quite a few things to get me started, did another one piece order after that, and that was it. I got something that was way defective, it was the second of the exact same product i bought from them, the second being 10x worst. I called to return it, and the kid on the phone said "NO problem". Took all my info, set a date for me to have the replacement and everything. After a 1 1/2 weeks past the date i was to recieve the replacement and still nothing, i called them. Well, he apologized up and down, and said he would ship it "Today" and e-mail me a tracking# right away. I said OK, and hung up the phone.
A few minutes later i recieved the said e-mail, except it was to tell me they where NOT going to be replacing anything for me. I called them right back, and asked why. He said the "Manager" wouldn't OK it. I said but you told me that they did, and it was suppossed to already be here. Ends up ther "Manager" is a chinese woman who doesn"t speak very good English, or really care about customers. Her first question was "Does it LOOK worn, is it resellable"? I told her NO, it's defective, you can't sell it to someone else. She would have nothing to do with it. They lost a customer, and i learned an valuable lesson that's saved me many headaches i'm sure. One that many members here echo on a regular.
I looked at the chinese versions that are somewhat similar. But for $10 more you get a solid product, from a fellow American, and good service from people who value your business. What else can you ask for?

Back