What's new
What's new

5/32 copper tubing & compression fittings.

• Thread starter JohnnyJohnsoninWisconsin
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 14,042
J

JohnnyJohnsoninWisconsin

Do any of you know a source for 5/32" copper tubing and compression fittings? McMaster-Carr has some 5/32" thin wall tubing, which I fear is more prone to kink, but no fittings.

While moving a '81 P&W VMC into the shop, a couple of the lube lines were smooshed along with a "T" compression fitting. The entire lube system is plumbed with 5/32 and I hate to think of replumbing the machine with 1/8 or 3/16".

All I need is a couple feet of tube, one "T" and three tube-tube couplers. Maybe one of you guys has some to sell.

Thanks,

John

I would prolly just use 5/32 ninyl tubing with push type connectors that I already have. Or you can get them from MSC etc...

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

KLS Lubriquip supplies .156" OD copper tubing for their Opco chain oilers, with compression fittings.

They are in Madison, WI.

Unfortunately this is a rebadged roll of tubing so they can put their proprietary part number on it.

I can supply contact & part info if needed, but strongly urge you to search out a base manufacturer or their distributor.

-Matt

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your advice, I'm following up on those contacts today. My lube system is made by LUBE Corp., I'll check with them also.

John

We have built a lot of equipment using something called Bundyweld? bundiweld? tubing for high pressure lube lines. It looks like it has a copper coating on the outside, but I am pretty sure it is steel. 2000 psi is no problem and it has an assortment of compression fittings.

I am interested to know where you can find 5/32 compression sleeves. I ended up getting them from HAAS. Because they had them.
Funny how Mcmaster has the tubing but not the fittings. Go figure.

Take Care,

ARB

ARB, check with Bijur in Vermont, they have all the lubrication stuff found on more common machines. Lube USA is there competion, about half the price but I won't vouch for the quality, don't have much experiance with them at this point. Most lube systems use a timed pump and give a metered amount distributed to all the metering units. Some high end systems use special distribution manifolds that cascade to the next metering unit, if any of the metering unit's are clogged, it will not get to the end of the manifold were a pressure valve is waiting to send a signal back to the control in a specified time. Then there is a fault lubrication signal and the machine shuts down. They work well until they get old or somebody puts crap in the oil pump.
On something as simple as a Bridgeport, just change them out and flush the lines with a converted skirt can, do it all the time.
Bill

MR. Bridgeport,
Are you sure Bijur is still in VT?

I thought they closed the plant in Bennington a while ago. Last time I drove by there it looked pretty empty.

ARB

Back