What's new
What's new

air compressor took a poop!! Eaton pump?

fastolds

Hot Rolled
I had my compressor take a dump. It has been making noise for some time now so it was expected. I am going to build one to put out the air I need this time. I have a 60 gallon tank to start with. I have been looking around for pumps and came across eaton pumps on ebay direct from the maker. Any other pumps I should look at for under $400?

Can only comment that I am happy with the Eaton pump on my compressor and several others have posted good things about them. Another make of pumps is Puma, but no feedback on them.

I have a tank that is in need of a pump, and Eaton came most highly reccomended (if a used/rebuildable Quincy (etc) could not be found. They are somewhat close to me, so once I scrounge a motor I will go over there and pick one up. They look like the best deal going as far as specs for the price. I will report back once I get one, but it will probably be spring at the earliest.
I would say get one and see how it does. Even their cheapie pumps look to be a step up from the norm.

Interesting. They claim to build them but I wonder where they get the parts.

Take a look at their home page--In the upper righthand corner. It shows a globe. The Pacfic Rim is clearly displayed. Why would they do that?

t_header_right.jpg

I will be getting one in the next few weeks as I am on borrowed air sorta speak. I bought a small 26 gallon one to hook up to just the mill till I get the other one running again.

Back