What's new
What's new

OT - Ebay Problems

steve-ma

Aluminum
Another eBay gripe... last few weeks I have been experiencing issues with eBay. No major meltdowns, just annoyances like having to sign in over and over and the browser back button not working in certain situations (after searching).

The eBay sponsored boards seem to indicate that there are other users are experiencing similar issues. eBay customer service (an oxymoron ?) offers no help.

I think eBay has gotten 'too big for their britches'. I wish there was a way to get them the message. A boycott? Maybe I am just grumpy this morning...

After a point, eBay technical service difficulties are self correcting. People give up on the service and/or cannot bid as competitively as they wish, and eBay's volume and revenues drop. The volume drop corrects the overload situation which causes the technical problems. Unfortunately, the sellers lose even more revenue than eBay... Great for those buyers who keep with it, though.

Charles

These aren't even the biggest issue. eBay's system is seriously fouled up at the software level. Lots of people have signed in to eBay, only to find that they are in someone else's account! Like if I sign it, I end up logged on as Steve-ma instead of of John in MA. Complete access to records, bidding, Paypal, etc.

This hasn't happened to me, but it's scary to think about.

A few days back, every time I tried to log on to ebay I ended up in sombody elses account. Same account every time. Finally cleaned out the browser history and restarted to get it working right.

One feature of e-bay I use is the sort by closest first, and that feature seems to no longer work! I just don't want to look at heavy stuff that is a shipping ordeal.
lg
no neat sig line

Back