What's new
What's new

harrison m300 question

hello113

Cast Iron
need a rubber boot(seal) for the carrage feed lever or a idea what will take its place

also on my tail stock spindle i have a lot of slop from the spindle to the casting bore.. could i send it out and hard chromed then lap it back in? or what would be the proper fix

thanks for the help

Rather than lap the tailstock ram back in, I recommend taking the tailstock casting to a honing shop and have them hone the bore to fit the built-up ram.

Parts for the Harrison can be purchased from R. O. Deadrick Co. 256 461 8111. That part cost 110.00 in 1997.

yes i found them its 100 for a aftermarket or 146 for a oem part,what a rip going to hit the auto /atv parts stores tommarow and see what i can come up with!!
also dose any 1 know of a good honning shop?
we dont have any here in little rock
thanks for the help

$90 this past year from REM Sales in CT. I think they had it re-tooled and molded for themselves. It fit ok but still leaks, probably around the screw heads that retain its bezel.

The oil level isn't all that high in the apron. The next time I need one, I'll look for alternate fixes.

I hate outrageous prices for poorly designed parts. Reminds me of some car parts.

Den

im still looking if i find something that will work ill post it here,wouldnt feel so bad if it was gold plated or something hehe

While I have no idea what the part looks like, McMaster / mcmaster.com has all sort of rubber boots and bellows, with various style attachments at both ends - flange to shaft for example. search for 'bellows'

Here's am idea that just came to me. Try a baby bottle nipple made of silicone, not latex. If the O.D. of the flange area is close enough, it might work. Just poke the feed handle shaft thru the center. Another option is a section of thick nitrile glove.

Toolbert, It has a flange area with 3 thru holes for its bezel, circular folds and a heavily reinforced center "grommet" area.

Bellows for Harrison M300 feed engage lever

Did anyone ever come up with anything that will work in place of this boot? I have a Harrison M300 that I need one for.

Thanks, Ed

I bought about eight of the original bellows for the Harrison M300. Had them shipped in from the UK from Millhouse Supplies. I only needed two and had several others on another forum contact me to get the rest. This is the email I received for the supplier and the stock number. They will accept a credit card for payment.

[email protected]

Part #304.048 Bellows is in stock under their part #310903-0. priced at 38 British pounds each. Shipping was 5 British Pounds.

The bellows is a very nice production part. If you are interested you should ask around and try to get a group buy and split the shipping costs. You can order the bellows from Harrison USA but they don't have the in stock, have to be ordered from the UK and they are priced 3 times higher plus an outrageous shipping fee.

Ed

Update years latter. I bought several brands of silicone baby bottle nipples and found several brands that almost fit. stores where good about returns or bring your calipers and measure them in the store at the counter since they come well sealed.
I had to trim the outer diameter down a little. I had to make a new washer/seal plate with a larger inner hole. Many nipples have a vent hole so make sure that is at the top. I used a bit of heat shrink tubing to seal over the shift lever.
Cost is a few bucks for two nipples. there are several different mounting types get a flat flange one. and several standard diameters.
Bill D

Back