What's new
What's new

OT -- Antique Tractor and Engine show in Florida

Weirsdale George

Stainless
I just wanted to pass on this website for the Florida Flywheelers, an antique tractor and engine club located near Ft Meade (south central Florida). They have three shows open to the public a year, November, January and February. On display are hundred of engines from small Maytags to the 100-ton Snow engine. Also seen are all sorts of tractors, antiques, farm items -- you name it, it's probably there!

Florida Flywheelers

If you are anywhere near their showgrounds, it is well worth the trip to attend one of the shows. (See, we have something down here other than theme parks!)

i have went twice and it is very interesting. i am planning on going. i need to find some info on a novo hit n miss that i have. i would recommend if you are withing 5 hr make the trip they have a nice setup. they were trying to set up a machine shop on site with some old equipment. they had hurricane damage last year and the building lost its roof. maybe it is rebuilt this year

I am going to be there from Wednesday morning to Saturday afternoon.

Four points:
1) You cannot see everything (vendors, exhibitors, demonstrations, various buildings, etc.) in one day.

2) Wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking. There are trams to get you back and forth from the parking lots to the entrance gate and trams once inside to get you around the village and showgrounds.

3) The best day to come is Friday. A lot of exhibitors and vendors don't get there till Thursday afternoon. Saturday is usually very crowded.

4) The November Show is usually the smallest (maybe 500 vendors/exhibitors)of the three and is a good one for first-time visitors to see. The February Show is the largest. (I believe last years February gate attendence was something like 20,000 people.)

Back