What's new
What's new

KURT vise

planemachinist

Plastic
I purchased a used KURT D-675. It's in pretty good shape except the fasteners that secure the jaws to the vise body are missing and I need replacements.

I'm guessing these might be standard capscrews?

Or, are they a KURT part?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, they are standard socket head cap screws.

I have a different model of Kurt vise, the 5-inch one. I believe this uses 3/8-16 NC screws. You might be able to get them from your local hardware store, or else use round head screws and turn the head diameter down to fit into the recess. Or filister (sp?) head screws.

One of the cool things about the Kurt vises is that the jaw can be put on the opposite side of the sliding part, to grip a wide flat piece.

Thanks for the correction. I am not in my shop now.

7/16-14 is the thread of a standard drawbar for a Bridgeport, no? If so, then the original poster can check the threads in the vise, using his drawbar.

A standard size thread, but not as common. Maybe an order from MSC Industrial, or McMaster-Carr will be necessary if the local hardware store doesn't stock that size bolt.

McMaster-Carr (no affiliation) will sell you any type of fastener you want, often in small qtys., and will ship it so fast that you will be surprised. No account? It's real easy to open one (or was when I opened mine). No company name? No problem, just say "Bill's Machine Shop, adjust name to suit. Their accounts recieveable folks never care at all when they get paid by personal check that makes no mention of "Bill's Machine Shop"

John

Back