What's new
What's new

looking for machine moving pry bars

Chevy427z

Stainless
Hey all.

I remember a thread on here a while back about those long handled, hardwood pry bars, with the steel wheels, but can't seem to find it in a search.

Would someone have a pointer to that thread?

Or, would someone have a pointer to where I can find a couple? Used or new, website or otherwise?

Many thanks.

Mark

Fairbanks Caster has a wide variety of this stuff, and some other interesting goodies too.

Right here in Rome, GA.

http://www.fairbankscasters.com/

An aside, in our plant, we take the wheels and the lever nose off them and use just the oak lever-handle as a max-leverage prybar (when an appropriate gap exists). Smaller gaps require the pinch-and-point bar. The large oak "paddle" can also be used stood up on its flat edge when prying, with some care.

ah but they have at least here in fl. there are all kinds of Johnson Rod T shirts floating around. maybe because one of the major makers is here in this little town...jim

Mark,

When I started moving machines around in my shop, I bought a "nose bar" - basically a very heavy forged pry bar with the "nose" set at about 70 degrees to the handle. IMHO, a nose bar is an ESSENTIAL tool! Try Eastern Rigging Supply

Jeff

I found the cheapest heavy pry bars were at HF. Mine was, I think, around $15 for about a 5 foot one. HD didn't haven't any at all.

Chris P

Back