What's new
What's new

PG vs TG collets ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Same dimensions, same capacity...both "single angle collets" ...what's the difference ?

Difference seems to be that PG types may be a bit like Rubberflex and have more range, whereas TG is more definite I.D., without range. Yea or nea ?

Well, ok, since apparently everyone else is just as in the dark on this earth shattering subject as I am, I did some further investigating and called Parlec.

As it turns out, PG is simply Parlec's "we'll create the illusion that these are propriatry to us" name for TG collets. Except for perhaps one or two less or more slits, they are the same.

The RPG collets do indeed have rubber inserts, but have *less* range than the standard PG collets (.005" collapse vs .016" on standards) and exist only for the purpose of being "sealed" from coolant intrusion.

You heard it here first folks !

TG75.jpg

www.workholding.com/techcnatg100.htm

Don, I think Erickson-Kennametal may have a trademark on the TG designation, since I've seen some others besides Parlec that refer to them as PG's. Collis calls them Precision Grip, and their equivalent of a TG100 series collet is a PG100.

Metlmunchr,

I'm not so sure about the kennametal propriatorship on that tg designation. Lyndex is using those same designations.

Back