What's new
What's new

new Spartan, Cosen or Wells Band Saw?

PMachine

Aluminum
I'm looking to buy a new manual horizontal Cosen, Wells, or Spartan Saw. Do you think one is better than another in the long run? or which gives more bang for the buck? something around the size of a 10 x 16

Thanks,
Joe

Hello Joe,
I have a wellsaw 10 x 16" Manual hor. bandsaw in stock in CA for $4895.00 if that is the way you want to go and also have one due in stock in Suwanne, GA on 2/15/07. That would help on shipping a great deal. If that is the brand you decide to go with. We can also provide you with all your accessories as well.
FYI - We also carry Jet, Wilton, and Dake.
Jarrod

I've got a Cosen saw, rebadged and sold as a Clausing 250A automatic feed saw.

Seems nicely & solidly built, other than fixing a simple problem the previous owners could not seem to fathom that caused irregularities in the autofeed length, all appears up to par. I have not used it hard, but would not hesitate to.

Clausing actually stocks parts, and surprisingly, I thought they were reasonably priced. I think I priced a cover or something like that.

From what I've seen after helping with a rebuild, I'd be after a Johnson model J.

I can't give you a comparison on saws, but have a 10 X 16 Wellsaw, that has been troublefree, cuts straight, and just runs well. The company has good support, sending me a FREE manual for the saw I purchased at an auction. They get two thumbs up from me!

Back