What's new
What's new

Ebay jokes of the night

Hanz

Cast Iron
'This mill includes an optional motorized feed in the X-axis for semi automatic operation. ' Would that be 'almost' CNC?

Bridgeport

Why would you put the serial number in the title?

Wells

Looks like someone got hurt real bad here-

Cincinnati

Heres a nice Cinci, set your timer to snipe it! :D

Cinci

Hanz

Same guy with that #4 Cincy has a MONSTER Norton surface grinder. He's just as nuts on the price of that one, too.

You have to wonder what the hell these guys are thinking. I mean, you can pretty easily look around on Ebay and get an idea of what machines similar to what you are trying to sell are going for. I guess a guy can dream :rolleyes: (because that is all he is going to do).

When I'm up late and need a good chuckle I go into Business & Industrial and search on "patent".

Here a good one - item 7582928062

Enjoy.
Steve.

$4,000 Buy it Now on the ancient Cincinnati no. 4 vertical...gawd, what an idiot....I paid $100 for one just like that 12 years ago. And this Bass Machinery doofus...man, everything rusty or absolute junk Bar feed from Hell

Re Cincinati no. 4, that's funny Dan as I just assumed you meant the newer style...so it was the older style like that one ?? Holy Moses, what sort of wild intoxicants was MB putting in the drinks there in Rocky Mount...Ectasy in Budwiser cocktails ? I would have been pretty jaw dropped over that one. Would have been hard to resist going over to the high bidder and saying "excuse me sir, but I just have to let you know that you are the dumbest person I've met this year"

There are in fact two Beaufort's One in north and the other in South Carolina . One of the claims to fame of Beaufort North Carolina is that Blackbeard the pirate was from there. In all liklyhood there are a few more around the U.S. somewhwere

One of our local "celebraties" once was "assistant producer" or somesuch for the TV sitcom All in the Family, who one day decided he wanted to be a sailor. So he sets sail from Beaufort, NC trying to navigate toward Bermuda. 6 days out, and ends up in a storm and due to the combination of inexperience and poor navigation eventually washes up in St Helena Sound not far from Beaufort, SC.

Dehydrated and delerious from the ordeal, Coast Guard sends him to our local hospital. Wakes up a day or two later and sees "Beaufort Memorial" on the clipboard at his bedside and exclaims to the nurse "Damn, a week at sea and all that ordeal, only to end up right back where I started !

One of our 1st shift supervisors is from around Beaufort SC. He came back from a visit to home one time and said that the governer had a place close to him. I asked him if he knew because the trailer was skirted and there was a limo on blocks in the yard. No sense of humor! :D
JR

I dunno how many people use tire chains here. But I simply use two rubber bungee straps & my tire chains stay on nicely. That idoit is smoking the drapes!

The Cin#4 I saw was about the oldest single dial type I have seen. Much shorter table. NO scraping left on it. Not under power. One of the bidders had his teenage son do the actuall bidding while he proudly watched.

THere were people from all over, mexico, costa rica, french canadian? and the assorted states of the US. Funny thing is nothing special there. Just a LOT of it. Cranes, forklifts, welders, fab, chipmaking, tons of contracting.

Back