What's new
What's new

cazeneuve hb 500 lathe

Vince @ FLT

Plastic
Hi guy's. I just purchased a cazeneuve HB 500 lathe. It is a old machine that needs a little TLC. When I purchased this beast I thought it came with some manuals but what I recieved were 20 year old brochures not what I need. I was wondering if anyone has a souce to find some info on some manuals and part breakdowns. I rebuild high performance transmissions for a living and I know that this thing will do more than what I need it for. It did come with tons of tooling and different fixtures. Alot of it I really have no clue what to do with it but it all came with the machine. Hopefully I will find some use for it but I have a hard time throwing anything away. The machine came with a digital readout which I think is pretty cool. I am currently waiting for my electrician to come wire this thing up for me. While I've been staring at this new toy I've been trying to figure out what all the levers do. I have operated a couple of lathes in the past so I'm not totally green but still have some questions. I would really appreciate some help. Any comments and info will be super. Thank you in advance,Vince.

From the same site above, Manuals section

MC60B CAZENEUVE Lathes HB500, HB575, HB725: Instruction Manual and Parts Manual as Detailed Sectional Drawings with Electrical Schematics. £55 US$95

Thanks guy's for the speedy replies. I did find that link but must have missed the part about the manuals. I did shoot tony an email for the info I was looking for. I found this forum while looking for info on the lathe. Joined just an hour ago and I have to say that you guy's rock. Thank you for you help and I will see you on the boards. Vince.

The Manuals section is a little harder to navigate; I use the cntrl F "find" to get to a particular section, then just start digging. There's a LOT on that page.

Tony does mention desiring info about these, and you said you have some brochures that came with it. Sounds like maybe a trade in the making?

You'll probably want to add the machine serial number, not certain about that though.

Back