What's new
What's new

Multiton Corp. to cease operation

bigais

Stainless
The manufacturer of hand and battery powered pallet and stacker lifts is going out of business and will no longer support existing equipment in the field with parts according to a release by a material handling web site announcement yesterday.

Bummer. Do you know if Multiton made their own machinery skates or if they were a re-label deal ? They had the best deal on new skates, if one wasn't wanting to spend the bucks on GKS skates.

As to their pallet jacks, nae problemo as they didn't make them anyway...Jungheinrich in Austria (or is it Germany ?) made all their pallet jacks. I have a Jungheinrich electric pallet jack I bought used (identical to pix below, but in C&H catalog this same jack is labled Multiton), so there must be distribution for them in the USA already.

am2200p.jpg

3607p.jpg

www.jungheinrich.com

I'm not sure of the load rollers as many years ago, 1960's, the Co. used to be STOKVIS/MULTITON and they then had a very heavy all steel pump hand jack that was made in Germany and I think also the rollers too, and the jack sold for around $695.00. John Stokvis Later sold the Co. to other owners who moved it from Port Washington, NY to the Richmond area.I have lately noticed a lot of their product in the mailer catalogues and wonder if they lost the loyalty of their dealers because of that or whether their volume just couldn't keep up with price competetion?

Just got a Multiton pallet jack out of storage last week and the hydraulic pressure in the jack started leaking down.Guess I ought to start looking for a rebuild kit if it isn't too expensive.

B, is it "antique" Multiton or current model Multiton ?

32a6_1.JPG

Oldie but goodie type

Mr. B, thanks for posting the links.

I have the identical yellow model. The release doesn't feather - pull a little & nothing happens, pull more & it drops to the floor with a CLUNK. What needs adjustment or repair?

thanks much,

Bob

Bob,
If you look at this diagram, hydraulic unitIIRC part #28 at the end of the release lever chain can be adjusted to change how much the release valve is opened. I was hoping that was the part out of adjustment on mine,but apparently it has other problems. :(

Toolbert, is that sudden release dependant on load ? If not something wrong with it, but if it's like that at near max load, then that's pretty common....which is ironic as that is precisely when you most don't want it to do that !

On my 10,000 lb pallet jack, I got tired of the release being so jerky I contacted the factory and they send me a different needle valve for the pump. Once installed it's works much better...I can now release a 7,000 lb load pretty smoothly.

================

Re the Jungheinrich announcement link...wow...I had no idea Multiton was part of Jugheinrich since 1976...I figured the merger was in the late 1980's or even more recent than that.

Don- You've got a TEN THOUSAND POUND pallet jack?? Who makes that? Seems like all I see are up to 5500 pounds. I use my pallet jacks a lot for moving my smaller machines, and would love to get a bigger one.

Don- You've got a TEN THOUSAND POUND pallet jack?? Who makes that? Seems like all I see are up to 5500 pounds. I use my pallet jacks a lot for moving my smaller machines, and would love to get a bigger one.
Almost 7 years later and I'm just now seeing your post. Actually I have two of them....made by Lift Rite. I notice they are now downrated to 8,000 lbs but mine have 10,000 lb stickers on them.

Lift-Rite: Heavy Duty Trucks

I suspect they downrated them as although you can indeed lift 10,000 lbs it's quite a trick to actually get that much weight moving over the floor by hand.

The look like a regular hand pallet jack but the forks are solid channel iron and the wheels are all solid steel...no poly tires...much heavier built.

Back