What's new
What's new

got the newest news on motion / msc

shaneboyd

Plastic
I decided to try and find out what was going on once and for all. I e mailed motion industries and asked about the MSC buy out.

1.) Motion industries bought out MSC the beginning of March 2008 and sent out a memo to their people telling them that MSC was now a part of Motion industries. They told their folks that in six months they would be selling all MSC products in their local shops. The local Motion employees spread the word to their customers and began combing through the MSC big book to learn their new product line.

2.) The MSC that motion bought is actually called Mill Supply Company and has nothing to do with the big book that we all order stuff from.

The local Motion Industries branch manager called me this morning to let me know what had happened. Appearantly this caused massive confusion with all the Motion customers all over the place that were told this.

So there you have it. Motion did buy MSC..... Mill Supply Company.

I was wondering about that when I saw other posts about it, if it was the MSC we all know, I thought it would have been opposite saying MSC Bought Motion Industries, maybe just how it looks bit MSC (big book) seems much bigger.

Glad its cleared up!

Too many firms with the same name

When I set up this company I researched the acronym. Over 200 companies in the US with the same initials. :eek:

- Leigh

MSC used to originally be "manhattan supply company." I know because I've
ordered from them since their early days, and still have at least one catalog
with that name on it.

It's black and white, paste up from photocopied bits and pieces.

And, amazing though it seems, less than an inch thick!!

Jim

That reminds me of a buddy of mine. His shop's acronym is: RPM. I wonder how many thousands of companies boast that!
It could be worse.

There's a power supply component used in old tube-type car radios called a "vibrator".

Try feeding that to Google. :eek:

- Leigh

Back