What's new
What's new

any Mopar fans/going to Charlotte?

Just trying to do a little "networking". Mopars are the underdog of the big three and I am always searching for the old "car in the barn" opportunity. How about a 63 409 Impala under a barn. Doesn't that make the old heart go pitter pater? BTW my appologies for the chevy affinity (stir the pot?)

I like chevy motors, second favorite is the 340/440, then hemi's. I do love my early hemi elephants!!!! Hard to find though.

Nah, no pot stirring here. No point getting into an argument that will NEVER END!!!!!! I have much better things to do than get in a pissing match w/ no winner.
wink.gif

Not to make anyone jealous or start drooling at the prospects, but I have an all original '70 Dodge Challenger, bought new, with 340 4 speed, also own a 392 Chrysler Hemi currently residing in my '38 Chevy business coupe. It also has a 4 speed(muncie m22). However, niether is for sale now or any time in the future!

ps, how come the word niether looks wrong, even though it follows the i before e, except after c rule we all learned as youths?

I don't have the impala, but I do have the 409. It currently resides in a 1956 short chevy schoolbus that I used to use for hunting and fishing. I don't know the hp, but it does have the chrome valve covers and the double snorkel air cleaner. James

Nope - MOPAR= MOtor PARts period, no doubt.
Anyway not to make anyone green either, I have a 1970 Challenger T/A in #1 (so I'm told - I don't beleive #1 exists once a car leaves a showroom). I restored it 100% factory all by my lonesome and it is my absolute pride & joy. Anyone else-w-a car too valuable to drive? Also a real nice original 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible -w-50K miles 440hp motor. and a project 1968 Dart GT convertible V8 I cannot wait to start on but too many honey do's and a case of fundsarelow desease. Still not too broke to pass up a "found in a barn" MOPAR muscle car. Oh, I also love the old Hemi's. Anyone in SE NC on Oct 25th needs to come to The Battleship North Carolina and visit our show. Port City Mopars

Swellwelder, it is OK to be confused with the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule because there is more to it. They also say "except for either and neither, and any "ei" that sounds like a long "a" like neighbor, weigh, reign, and sleigh. (Wife is a reading teacher otherwise I wouldn't have known that either iether nether.)

Valley City is a nice town, I was up to Hannaford last summer to get a 48 Ford F-1 pickup. I know, it isn't a MOPAR, but you go for what you grew up with I guess. I do know where there is a barn with a Henry J with a hemi in it though...

I have owned a few Mopar's including 58 & 64 Ply convertables but I think my 1971 Ply 4 dr hardtop Sport Fury Brogham was one of the best rides. Equiped with about every available option (hidden headlights but no headlight washers or power antenia)including the $1,000. optional Chrysler factory installed sound system with casette deck (transmissiom hump mounted)for play and stereo recording from the radio or with dictation plug in queing mic.
"Anyone else-w-a car too valuable to drive?" I don't believe there is any such car but I know some owners that think that for whatever reason. It's got to be a personal thing for you/them cause there are lots and lots of cars - daily drivers - with much higher resale values running the roads. Go figure.
There is no tool in my shop that is too valuable to use either but there are some I'm super careful with when I do use them.

shavingmaker

thanks for the rest of the I before E rule. Somewhere in the dark past, I knew all of that rule, but it is seldom used!

Care to give any more of a hint about the Henry J? Finding a Hemi is hard enough, Henry Js are scarcer yet!

The Henry J is in a barn southeast of New Ulm, Minnesota. Not yet for sale. The owner is the victim of the county beautification officer who visited his farm and collection and said it had to go because it was ugly to other people. He had to get rid of lots of cars that the rest of us would die for. I found out too late for most of them. The Henry J was safely hidden in the barn and I think it will be a long time before he can be talked out of it. Or even talked to about it. Hey, but the county is now more beautiful....

Back