Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    surplusjohn is offline Diamond

seems like the pvc air pipe threads! ie wishful thinking vs rock solid practical experience!! Take head, it is too late after the damn thing blows up.

shawnspeed is offline Aluminum

Snowman, bring your camera when you come and get your corn stoves and you can take all the pictures you want of my wood master....when it wears out ,I will be building my own next time.Shawn

crossthread is offline Stainless

I see that the title of this original thread was do-it-yourself outdoor stove. My stove is not outdoors but it would be very easy to put it out there. When I first built it I thought I was going to build a cinder block enclosure for it and run the pipes from there to the oil furnace and use fiberglass pipe wrap like you see on steam lines at factories. It would still be very easy to do that. The reason I put it where I did was so that I could use the waste heat, but I have found that there is very little of that. As I said, you can put your hand on the side when it is chunking. I see someone brought up the subject of the boiler corroding through even with stainless steel. I don't know how this can happen but I believe him. My stove heat exchanger is as good as the day I made it. There is absolutely no corrosion at all on the outside. There is very little dissolved oxygen in the water in the radiators and I assume there is no corrosion on the inside either because when I bleed the air out of the radiators, the water that is inside the radiators is blackish with no rust. The only thing I would like to do to it now is to sit a big tempering tank on top of it to preheat my water a little before it goes to my hot water heater.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12