What's new
What's new

Dust Collectors for Metal/Blast Media

Teps71

Aluminum
For some reason, I am unable to add a reply to the previous thread regarding dust collectors for woodworking. Clicking reply takes me to a blank screen.

Anyway, with regards to the Oneida systems:

Would a 1.5 HP system with the external filter be suitable for a surface grinder with a vacuum port and a blast cabinet?

What is the heigth of the 1.5 HP system with a 35 gallon drum?

While you could use a cyclone collector for that, I think you'd find other more suitable equipment. In either of these applications about 99% of the dust is going to end up in the filter and the cyclone is going to be just sitting there doing nothing. Cyclones are more for letting material drop out of the air than for getting the fine dust that you'd have out of the air. I use a Torit cabinet type bag filter dust collector on my blast cabinet and it does a good job. Sits beside the blaster and is about 2' square and maybe 30" tall. It's got a foot operated shaker on it for shaking the dust out of the filters and a removable drawer that you slide out and dump. IMO, this type of collector is better when you're dealing only with dust and no shavings, etc.

Back