What's new
What's new

Looks like your prices are good! I compared them to some stuff I have priced recently and you are lowest or near to it.

I've bookmarked your site.

Thanx for the info.

OMcG

I'd agree with Owen. BUT... Pages too slow to load. I stopped looking after the third page. Don't need the moving header either. Unless the viewer has a high-speed connection and high-speed computer, it's a chore to browse your site. Prices look good though. How about shipping?

Hi, the site adds shipping once the shopping cart is taken to checkout, we are still adding sizes and shapes of the different metals to the page so i think thats why it is running slow now.
thanks for the welcoming to Practicalmachinist.com. If anyone has a question regarding raw materials i will try my best to help.

Jay

The going price around here is $.32/foot, PLUS no shipping!!

If you buy how much minimum ?

No shipping charges "around here" a moot point, as the point of his business I assume is sales to folks without easy access to "around here" material. I'd have to drive 400 miles to get a decent price on small quanities of aluminum for instance.

Keep in mind the price is for one foot. Not a truckload. Call your local steel company and ask them for a price on 1 foot, deliverd.
Im sure it is $25.00 minimum order or even more.

[This message has been edited by industrialmetalsales.com (edited 12-04-2003).]

I find the site to load exceedingly slow and I am on broadband with a modern computer.

Do you get into any more exotic materials like D2, ATS-34, 154CM or 6AL4V?

John

I'm having trouble with your site as well- I am on a cable modem- and I run a modrn Mac- I have tried it over a number of days, definitely on your end- could be server or site design.

I would love to check it out.....but can't

peter

I can get to the website. It is a little slow, but it works....

Your prices are at/slightly lower than what I pay locally. If I ever need metal that they can't get for some reason, your biz is bookmarked.

FWIW
Lenord
TX

IM the site is very slow, I have DSL that runs 1.5 Mbps, I looked at one of your pages it has 63 9KB images, the moving Java Script header, a bazillion forms, links ......
REALLY slow.

It seems redundant to have basically the same picture for every item. I'd rather see a plain list nothing fancy. I know what a 1 x1 aluminum bar looks like. Machinists and HSMs are not impressed with computers graphics :)

However I'm very interested in ordering from you, I am looking for a place to order a BUNCH of materials. Your prices look pretty good, I assume you don't have any hidden fees, if the site were faster then I could order.

My 2 cents,
Steve

I'm on DSL and the site loads quick. Time with some pages seems erratic as far as how quick they load.
The site is laid out pretty good for what you are listing.

If you are willing to sell small quantities, your prices are pretty good on most of the stuff.

I wish you luck and we really do need places that are willing to deal in small quantities at reasonable prices.

Les

Your steel round tube is an excellent buy at .01 cent. What do I get for that ? Am I reaching into Pandora's box ?
rolleyes.gif

TMD

Back