What's new
What's new

Grade XX Garolite Properties?

ohspyro89

Cast Iron
Ive been looking for a material to house a barrel of an air gun that I am working on, with a 5/16" ID and as close to 1" OD as I can get. Also, budget is looked into, I cannot afford a 40 dollar barrel support... Plus,I couldnt find aluminum that has the right ID with a large enough OD to accomidate my needs.

So anyhow, on a search on Mcmaster, Ive found something that should work. Its Grade XX Garolite as the material.

Does anybody know what properties garolite has? Im mostly looking for rigidity and possibly light weight. I cant seem to find the properties for this material.

If this doesnt meet my standards, does anybody know where to find a good rigid material with an ID of 5/16" and an OD of about an 1"?

Thanks!

From your search go to the online catalog page for the XX garolite and click onthe additional info link. You'll find some specs there. I've used G-7 garolite to make thermal insulators. It machines easily with HSS but is more abrasive than my mother-in-law so it's rated for carbide tooling. Itis lightweight, has good insulating value, fairly rigid but doesn't have very good impact or tensile strength.

Back