What's new
What's new

Grainger Sucks Monkey Nuts

nutsrusted

Aluminum
I don’t care if I don’t have a buisness. If I’m spending coin in your store you should show basic respect. If you don’t sell to the public why so you have a ‘curtisy service’ for non business owners. If you are truly wholesale, just mark the product up a little if I don’t have a business.

Dont worry waylube, I have a business and they are almost always rude to me.

When I need something from Grainger, I have my father in law get it. He's retired out of Ford, but still buys on their account (he pays, but gets their discount). He said they've never been rude to him.

I dont mind, someone else gets to run to the store for me, plus I get a *I think* 15% discount.

-Jacob

Don't have a business? Join the Farm Bureau!

You get service, the discount, a neat little magazine, and you get to help support farming, ranching, and the rural way of life!

My Texas Farm Bureau membership is about $40/year, and I get discounts on all sorts of stuff, including Grainger. Now that I'm in (brrrr) Pennsylvania, I'll be joining the PA Farm Bureau, too.

Join up; be a redneck hillbilly, and Grainger insider!

Treat me fine too, and that's with a *piddling* order of like $20 at the counter. I didn't even know what I needed; the clerk was very helpful.

Other than some problems with their CD-ROM catalog my experience with Grainger has been good. They offer a minimum 10% discount for Farm Bureau members, some tools are closer to 25% off. I order through my local store and can pick up there or they UPS it to me. I don't buy a lot through them, but for some items their prices are competitive and delivery is fast.

Always gotten good friendly service here in okc. Price depends on the product, Graingers is better on some things than anyone else I deal with.

THey are nice to me most of the time, but I was pretty angry when I couldnt buy from them. So, I went and got a business license, and showed it to them. THe license cost me $15, allows me to write off all sorts of stuff on my taxes and lets me buy stuff from anyone else that is B2B only.
They never check to see if you maintian your business liscence, but you have to pay with a credit card, cash or business check. personal checks don't work.
I hate their website, it is most irritating compared to Mcmaster.com which is really well designed.

They never check to see if you maintian your business liscence,
I've been using the same manufacturing wholesale liscence for probably 14 years now...still has my old address I moved from 6 years ago...no one ever mentions the ancient date or the address incongruity. By 'no one' I don't mean Grainger, but 'everybody' I do business with, including auctioneers in other states...who are sometimes pretty particular about collecting sales taxes.

Having said that, I assume it's still "good" but don't know for sure really.

I use grainger for certain things- Mainly because I am between a 1 and 2 hour drive from decent industrial suppliers, so if I need something like a high bay light, or a motor starter, I can either drive for 3 hours in terrible freeway traffic, or call Grainger and have it here the next day.
There is a small Grainger in my nearest town, 20 minutes away, and they are very nice- in fact, they have a huge industrial glass front icebox in front, full of pop, with a big sign on it, "compliments of Grainger"- and they have a popcorn machine as well.
Its true, they want you to be a business. Well, I have been a business since about 76, and have always found it is well worth the cost- in my unicorporated area of the county, I just need a state licence, which is something like 35 bucks a year. I collect and pay sales tax, and pay B&O tax (state business and occupation) but only if I make money. In exchange, I can buy wholesale from anybody I want, and I save a whole lot more than 35 bucks doing that- my abrasives alone, which I get from Klingspor, save me several hundred a year over retail.
If you are actually in business, I have found that it is a lot easier to follow the rules than not- otherwise, sooner or later, somebody catches you, and it always ends up costing a lot more.

Well, seven (7) years later Grainger still sucks. 95% of what I have price checked from them I can buy for less (usually a lot less) elsewhere from somebody who actually thanks me for my business and lets me know there is a problem instead of leaving me hanging and treating me like a supplicant. I couldn't even get them to mail my paperwork, billing, catalogs etc to my legal business billing address. Finally I just told them to go pound sand. Their advertisements on the radio talking about service just kill me.

Anybody with Grainger reading this? Good!

I like Grainger :confused:

I call in my order, they have it ready, I pick my stuff up and go.

I would never go to the counter, that is gluten for punishment, but for will call's I think they are fine.

The prices are a little high, but my time is worth something, and to me, Grainger is quick and they have it. Sure I could get it cheaper somewhere else, if I want to spend all day running from store to store, but I would rather pay more for a one stop shop. (Plus with my company discount they aren't as high as y'all say, they are even cheaper on some things)

I agree, they don't cater to the "happy home owner" and I LIKE that.

Oh well.

Grainger is as worthless as Fastenal.

I can order anything I could get from them from McMaster and have it here the next day and pay less and feel more confident about the quality of what I am getting.

The only place I hate more is Motion Industries.

They wouldn't deal with me years ago, and now that I have a real small business and a job at an employer who offers a discounted Grainger account I won't consider them.

I'll never be a Fortune 500 company, but there are McMaster Carr boxes arriving at my shop daily.

Grainger is as worthless as Fastenal.

I can order anything I could get from them from McMaster and have it here the next day and pay less and feel more confident about the quality of what I am getting.

The only place I hate more is Motion Industries.

The last time I dealt with McMaster Carr, they listed the part, but you had no idea who it was being manufactured by.

Has that changed???

Different strokes, for different folks,

Back