What's new

OT - Name Patches

• Thread starter jfsmith
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 858
J

jfsmith

I now have a sort of mascot, a young man who likes being around the shop, we are teaching him many things about what I do, as well as those who work with me.

His name is Casey and I want to get some sort of name patch to put on his apron. I got vinyl letters cut for his name to put on his welding helmet.

So does any one have a source where I don't have to buy a bunch of name patches?

Thanks,

Jerry

Well, Jerry, if you werent in Quebec/Ohio, I would say come on over and I would do it for you, as I have a CNC embroidery machine.
I bought it just so I could stare at it and marvel at how damn smart it is- well, actually, my wife bought it, but I like playing with it.
I have embroidered names on all my work shirts- not mine, of course- things like "nobody" or "old fart" or "current resident".

Anyway, the hills are alive with housewives who have bought fancy cnc sewing machines that do machine embroidery, either directly on shirts and aprons, or on little patches. Go to your nearest sewing machine store or fabric store, and ask them who does machine embroidery in your area. My guess is that there are machines within a few blocks of your shop, owned by people who would be tickled to do this for you.

Like Ries says, find a local sewing shop or person that does custom embroidering. My bosses wife has one of them and she does some pretty neat stuff with it. Also, I know of two places here in town that do it for bowling shirts and the like. You might also check with a sporting goods store as they emboider names on many things. And of course there is always someone set up at flea markets doing hats and shirts and stuff. Shouldn't be real hard to find someone to do a couple for you.

Back