What's new
What's new

Jacob Drill chuck 500

David/toledo

Hot Rolled
I have a Jacob chuck that I am look for parts for. Looks a lot like a Albrecht chuck. Need a source for the Parts Seeing Jacob thinks it is one of the new cordless drill type of drill chuck. In talking with there tec person.
David

Hi David
I think what you have is a Portomatic 1/2 keyless Jacobs chuck. Jacobs has never been able to help me out with information or parts on older stuff. I love there chucks but there tec department could use some help. Your best luck would be on ebay. Hope this helps
Andy

I bought a cheap, real cheap made in China cordless drill at HF. I was kind of surprised to see that the keyless chuck said Jacobs on it.

Ya Andy that is what I have. Was going to replace the bearing and jaws. I guess i will have do with bearing. They thought that I was talking about there new one that just came out for the cordless stuff.
Thanks
David

Time to resurrect this old thread as I also have a nice Jacobs #500 Portomatic with a straight arbor. Arbor measures 0.606". Is this arbor removable? Press fit, threaded, ??

The arbor is a bit worn. There is some imprinting on it that says:
...K ARBOR....MODE...S .....206

(The dots indicate areas that are worn down and unreadable).

A new Jacobs JT33 keyless is on the way, but I'd like to put this #500 on my old Buffalo #15 if possible

Walt

Drill chuck king

i have a jacob chuck that i am look for parts for. Looks a lot like a albrecht chuck. Need a source for the parts seeing jacob thinks it is one of the new cordless drill type of drill chuck. In talking with there tec person.
David

we have all the knowledge needed to get the right size chuck for you. I stock every size they make and model. I have been dealing with jacobs chucks since i was 14yrs old. Thats over 30 years now.

Let me know the capacity, size of the mount and i will tell you the model.

Back