What's new
What's new

Kearney and Trecker 2D die mill- need collets

Dennybob

Plastic
I am new to the board and this site, so please forgive if I am asking in the wrong section. I have a Kearney and Trecker 2D rotary head die mill and I need collet for it as well as the nut that holds the collets up into the head. Is there a source out there anywhere that produces these that anyone is aware of?
Thanks for any help you are able to provide.

Welcome Dennybob:

Is this the 2D with no drawbar? If so, there are both K&T 20 collets that fit in a removable holder, and there are K&T 30 collets that fit direct in spindle. Each system uses a different cap nut on spindle.

John

I made one of those nuts just the other day. Email me for particulars if you want to. If you find some 30 collets in surplus to what you need, let me know it, and we'd be even.

Richard

Good luck finding any of the collets, I have been looking for over a year and still only have the one 1/2" collet that came with the machine! So here is how I solved the problem--The spindle taper is standard 30 taper so buy a 30 taper collet holder with a set of collets to fit , turn a new closer ring to fit over the flange on the 30 taper holder and screw on the spindle nose, make two drive lugs to fit into the exisiting slots on the spindle and into the drive slots on the collet holder and there you are! Just slide the holder in and tighten up the closer ring. I got the 30 taper holder with collets from 1/16 to 1" by 16ths on ebay for about 175 bucks and it took about 4 hours to do all the machine work. Problably pay that much for a collet if one ever comes up on ebay. By the way I think the ones that fit the spindle are called XY collets.

Back